!!

Welcome Fanboy Prodigy Warrior Guest!

To view all of the Forum Boards & Topics. You need to Register. Either by email, Facebook or Twitter account. Click on the Register button on the Top Left to begin! Looking forward to chatting with you, Danny Fanboy.

Top Fanboy Posters

Danny Fanboy Danny Fanboy
2622 Posts
GL0WKiD GL0WKiD
580 Posts
Schoolboy Error Schoolboy Error
499 Posts
AnthonyProdigy AnthonyProdigy
446 Posts
Gonga21 Gonga21
323 Posts
WhatEvilLurks WhatEvilLurks
320 Posts

Top Fanboy Warriors!

Danny Fanboy Danny Fanboy
Fanboy Respect: 125
Schoolboy Error Schoolboy Error
Fanboy Respect: 124
Kev Kev
Fanboy Respect: 110
hyperspeed hyperspeed
Fanboy Respect: 77
AnthonyProdigy AnthonyProdigy
Fanboy Respect: 68
GL0WKiD GL0WKiD
Fanboy Respect: 59

Author Topic: What's the future of genres of music?  (Read 378 times)

markomarkh

• Prodigy Fanboy Fan
  • Fanboy Respect: -17
    • View Profile
Have they done everything or will there be anything as innovating as electronic dance and rave music was in the 80s and 90s. What's the future of music tech and innovation?

roman90

• Prodigy Fanboy Beginner
  • Fanboy Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Re: What's the future of genres of music?
« Reply #1 on: 3 months ago »
I was initially expecting a discourse on organization headways additionally, yet having contemplated both music and software engineering maybe gave me an inclination. In any case, the progression has been astounding in sythesis hardware and programming in the most recent decade. I have created a few pieces utilizing a portion of the generally reasonable programming on a standard PC with astounding outcomes. It drives one to think about whether music piece later on will even focus on the live band or symphony, giving a more straightforward way to recording deals.

sks2002

• Prodigy Fanboy Member
  • Fanboy Respect: 35
  • I make music, but more acidly then the prodigy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: A month ago »
I was initially expecting a discourse on organization headways additionally, yet having contemplated both music and software engineering maybe gave me an inclination. In any case, the progression has been astounding in sythesis hardware and programming in the most recent decade. I have created a few pieces utilizing a portion of the generally reasonable programming on a standard PC with astounding outcomes. It drives one to think about whether music piece later on will even focus on the live band or symphony, giving a more straightforward way to recording deals.
Congrats being the 400th member on this site  :-*
I READ EVERY SINGLE COMMENT ON MY POST'S, EVEN OTHER ONES.

vraios

• Prodigy Fanboy Beginner
  • Fanboy Respect: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2 weeks ago »
What's the future of music tech and innovation?
listen to Oneohtrix Point Never albums: R Plus 7 and Garden of Delete
« Last Edit: 2 weeks ago by vraios »

Schoolboy Error

• Prodigy Fanboy Expert
  • Fanboy Respect: 124
  • It'll be a fine, dry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: A week ago »
I'm quite sure that we haven't done 'everything', music's always evolving and so is the technology we use to produce it so fuck knows what might happen in the future; maybe aliens playing their cocks like banjos will be the next big thing?

I think it'll be a while before we see another big revolution though, something like the punk movement or the acid house / rave / jungle culture that spawned so many other genres we take for granted today.  I'm so grateful that I was around the right age to be in the midst of that UK rave generation of the early nineties, it was something so utterly fresh and brand new, which in my opinion isn't something we've really seen since.  Yeah sure there've been other forms of music that have reared up (dubstep for example) but they never seem to have the same feeling, like the tides were shifting, and a lot of people (artists included) seem to have moved on from that a bit.

You'd think that with the accessibility of music production software and how connected we all are nowadays that new forms of music would be popping up all the time, but it doesn't seem to happen that often.  I reckon there are too many people out there all trying to copy each other, watching YouTube tutorials to get 'that sound' rather than standing alone and doing their own thing, like Liam Howlett does so unapologetically. 

sks2002

• Prodigy Fanboy Member
  • Fanboy Respect: 35
  • I make music, but more acidly then the prodigy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: A week ago »
I think rave might have a come back if Liam is making rave tracks.
I READ EVERY SINGLE COMMENT ON MY POST'S, EVEN OTHER ONES.