"I can't go out on stage and have glow sticks waved at me! That's not representative of anything!" - Keith Flint

!!

Welcome Fanboy Prodigy Warrior Guest!

To view all of the Forum Boards & Topics. You need to Register. Either by email, Facebook or Twitter account. Click on the Register button on the Top Left to begin! Looking forward to chatting with you, Danny Fanboy.

Top Fanboy Posters

Danny Fanboy Danny Fanboy
2530 Posts
GL0WKiD GL0WKiD
580 Posts
Schoolboy Error Schoolboy Error
468 Posts
AnthonyProdigy AnthonyProdigy
437 Posts
Gonga21 Gonga21
323 Posts
ambulance_driver ambulance_driver
282 Posts

Top Fanboy Warriors!

Danny Fanboy Danny Fanboy
Fanboy Respect: 117
Schoolboy Error Schoolboy Error
Fanboy Respect: 118
Kev Kev
Fanboy Respect: 102
hyperspeed hyperspeed
Fanboy Respect: 77
AnthonyProdigy AnthonyProdigy
Fanboy Respect: 67
GL0WKiD GL0WKiD
Fanboy Respect: 59

Author Topic: Should The Prodigy release another Album?  (Read 1477 times)

Danny Fanboy

• Administrator
  • Prodigy Fanboy Elite
  • Fanboy Respect: 117
  • Sorry, we are open.
    • View Profile
Should The Prodigy release another Album? What Direction?

You know, I been thinking about this lately...

Should the boys release another album? Somewhat confused of the messages they've come out with as of late. I'm pretty sure they've said times have changed, EPs from now on... then in another video somewhere or message... we could do another album....

I know they can do it. I want it. I was thinking, as each album has an overall theme... maybe they should go in a Hip Hop theme.... Liam on the beats would kill it in Hip Hop man. Maxim on the mic, damn!

Whatever it is or if it does ever happen. I just think it really needs to be different & more fresh than The Day Is My Enemy... I mean, that record is great! But didn't hit me hard you know. I feel like it more of the dark side of IMD... if that makes sense... look at like this FAT to AONO, AONO to IMD, JILTED to FAT. Each record is very unique... I dunno...

What are your thoughts?
« Last Edit: 5 months ago by Danny Fanboy »

Kev

• Prodigy Fanboy Expert
  • Fanboy Respect: 102
    • View Profile
Re: Should The Prodigy release another Album?
« Reply #1 on: 5 months ago »
I would love another album. Just takes too damn long.

An EP every couple of years or whatever will have to do.

As to what direction, I don't know. I quite like the trippy, soundscape tunes that get your head all like WTF!!?!

« Last Edit: 5 months ago by Kev »

sks2002

• Prodigy Fanboy Member
  • Fanboy Respect: 26
  • I make music, but more acidly then the prodigy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 5 months ago »
I was thinking of it yesterday, I think it should be like the demo tape what Liam given Keith and given to the bongo players https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zucd0N89KCE

It would be cool and Experimental like some unreleased stuff and some EPs.
I READ EVERY SINGLE COMMENT ON MY POST'S, EVEN OTHER ONES.

ambulance_driver

• Prodigy Fanboy Expert
  • Fanboy Respect: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 5 months ago »
Man, who knows.  Liam is as unpredictable as a pregnant woman (Danny you'll know this soon enough).  It sounds like right now they prefer the EP direction, which is fine as long as they deliver.  It's about 2 years since TDIME and no new tunes after saying there would be something soon.  If we are talking 3 years between EP's or 5 -6 between LP's we can wait.  I would guess they role with an EP or 2 and Liam will find enough material down the road for something in a different direction that inspires an LP. 

DIRTCHAMBER

• The Prodigy Fanboy Club Member
  • Fanboy Respect: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 5 months ago »
Yo! It's been awhile, good to be back...

On the new album query, while I'd love a new Prodigy record, I think it's not in the cards, honestly. Liam's too much of a perfectionist and the boys are getting up there in age--I mean, Keith and Maxim are rounding the corner of 50--EPs are the way to go, really.

I feel like the boys are about padding their setlists with bangers more than  campaigning a brand new album and tour. I get the sense that Liam knows his band's place, not just in terms of British music, but music, in general, is more than solidified at this point.  :'(
« Last Edit: 5 months ago by DIRTCHAMBER »
I'm the law, and you can't beat the law.

One Man Army

• Prodigy Fanboy Member
  • Fanboy Respect: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 5 months ago »
Yeah I agree Dirtchamber (welcome back mate), the albums take too long as Liam is a perfectionist, which I know is a good thing, as we know we'll get excellent quality tracks, but the wait about 5 years to hear new tracks is for an album is too long, the boys are getting older...so I think EPs are the way to go

Danny Fanboy

• Administrator
  • Prodigy Fanboy Elite
  • Sorry, we are open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 4 months ago »
An EP every couple of years or whatever will have to do.

Will do but will never happen. An EP once a year can't be that hard for the boys.... I dunno... to me, an EP will take as long as an album... haha. But you know what... I have a feeling an EP is already done & ready for release... just a gut feeling...

As to what direction, I don't know. I quite like the trippy, soundscape tunes that get your head all like WTF!!?!

Been a while since they've done something like that. If they can pull it off, it'll be the best thing ever.

I was thinking of it yesterday, I think it should be like the demo tape what Liam given Keith and given to the bongo players https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zucd0N89KCE

It would be cool and Experimental like some unreleased stuff and some EPs.

They definitely could do an awesome EXP era record again, they'd destroy the scene! But I don't think they boys would do something they've already done before....

Maybe towards end of their careers, some sort of best of & unreleased stuff would definitely happen!

Man, who knows.  Liam is as unpredictable as a pregnant woman (Danny you'll know this soon enough). 

LOL.

It sounds like right now they prefer the EP direction, which is fine as long as they deliver.  It's about 2 years since TDIME and no new tunes after saying there would be something soon.  If we are talking 3 years between EP's or 5 -6 between LP's we can wait.  I would guess they role with an EP or 2 and Liam will find enough material down the road for something in a different direction that inspires an LP. 

This is one of the things I hate. Mix messages or not keeping to a message. Which I understand, things change. But it just seems like things change all the time 99%. Best thing to do is not believe anything until there's an actually News Post on official website & other outlets post the news as well...

I feel like the boys are about padding their setlists with bangers more than  campaigning a brand new album and tour. I get the sense that Liam knows his band's place, not just in terms of British music, but music, in general, is more than solidified at this point.  :'(

Oh yeah for sure. I think it's just us real fans that keep wanting more. But the thing is, we now they can!

The setlist is incredible. Best ever. But can be pushed more. But if they're going to tour for years to come. They cannot afford to become one of those bands that keep the same set with same records. New albums or EPs got to happen you know. Look, I guess THE DAY just came out. Only two years... IMD got toured to death... but that says a lot about that record, it was incredible & maybe their best one you know. Or maybe it's a sign of the times, things move a lot faster...

but the wait about 5 years to hear new tracks is for an album is too long, the boys are getting older...so I think EPs are the way to go

Yeah, thinking about it, another 3 years would make 5. I can't do that haha.

Flannerz

• Prodigy Fanboy Member
  • Fanboy Respect: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 4 months ago »
Another album would make it so hard for them to decide on the set list!  ;D

Danny Fanboy

• Administrator
  • Prodigy Fanboy Elite
  • Sorry, we are open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 4 months ago »
Another album would make it so hard for them to decide on the set list!  ;D

LOL, yeah!

They would have to drop quite a few TDIME tracks. But damn that setlist would be crazy & the arguments over what should be played haha. But, that says a lot about The Prodigy. So many incredible beats  8)

vraios

• Prodigy Fanboy Beginner
  • Fanboy Respect: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 3 months ago »
Bigbeat and breakbeat are almost dead nowadays. Drum&bass isn't ambitious. Imo they shouldn't try to restore these genres. TFOTL and MFTJG are unbeatable anyway. Instead of that, they could try some progressive like Daniel Lopatin's Garden of Delete album  mixed with modern hardcore breaks like Lone  (Galaxy Garden or Levitate). Imho Howlett is enough amazing composer to make something fresh but he has to realise that there is 2017 not 1997. TDIME is nice album but not innovative.
« Last Edit: 3 months ago by vraios »

Schoolboy Error

• Prodigy Fanboy Expert
  • Fanboy Respect: 118
  • It'll be a fine, dry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 3 months ago »
In all honesty I don't care in what format their new releases come, just so long as they keep coming!  EP, album, single track release, it's all the same to me.

Danny Fanboy

• Administrator
  • Prodigy Fanboy Elite
  • Sorry, we are open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 3 months ago »
Well... nothings happening... it's hard... especially when they say yeah EPs more often & so on. Nothings happening at all. It's really disappointing. I'm actually getting kinda sick of it